Between 1 October and 30 September all residential ratepayers and those renting homes within Hume are eligible for TWO free home hard rubbish collections.
We can pick up 3 cubic meters of hard rubbish from your home each collection, or you can combine your two free collections into one large collection for the year.
3cubic meters is: 3m long x 1m high x 1m wide. In feet this equates to 10ft x 3ft x 3ft.
6cubic meters is: 6m long x 1m high x 1m wide. In feet this equates to 20ft x 3ft x 3ft.
- Check the ‘what we collect’ list below so you only place out items that can be collected safely.
- See alternative rubbish disposal options if your items are unable to be collected through this service
- If the property address is accepted, select the next available week for collection.
*Collections will take place between Monday – Friday during the week of your booking.
Time to place your collection: Ensure your items are placed for collection by 6am Monday morning on the week of collection.
Location of items:
- Place hard rubbish items inside your front yard – no more than 2m from the boundary/fence.
- Ensure items are neatly piled and easily accessible by the collection crew. If you have a fence along your property boundary you will need to ensure the driveway access is clear of obstruction, this includes closed gates or parked cars.
- If you are unable to place the items inside your property boundary you can opt to place them on the nature strip instead – please note this option as a special instruction in the booking form.
- Mattresses and bed bases
- Household furniture and toys
- Whitegoods (doors removed), air conditioners and hot water units
- Car and 4WD tyres – rims must be separated from the tyre
- Computers, televisions and electrical equipment
- Scrap metal, tools and equipment including body parts, lawn mowers, roof iron and guttering
- Carpet (rolled and tied, cut in to bundles no more than 1.5m in length and 30kg each)
- Pottery, ceramics and chinaware
- Sheet glass which is securely wrapped and clearly marked as ‘glass’
- Tools and equipment, car parts, each item less than 30kg weight or 1.5m long
- Open/unlidded, clean, rinsed, empty metal tanks, drums and paint tins
- Trash and treasure items
- Fences and scrap fencing (bundled) – nails must be removed or hammered down and bundles must be suitable for one person to lift above shoulder height (no more than 1.5m in length and 1m in width)
- Wood/timber (bundled) – no more than 1.5m in length and 1m in width (no tree branches).
- Items or bundles weighing more than 30kg each (excluding household appliances)
- Items or bundles 1.5m or longer
- Building materials (including bricks, concrete, excavation material, plaster, dirt or stones)
- Commercial or industrial trade wastes
- Household garbage
- Household recyclable goods
- Hazardous and/or offensive wastes (including asbestos)
- Car engines
- Truck and tractor tyres
- Unwrapped panes of broken glass
- Garden waste
- Timber pallets
- Clothes and shoes
- Water tanks.
By clicking on Submit I agree to the conditions above.